This warning is by BRASKEM is meant to inform the users (herein named "User" or "Users") of its Personal Data Protection Policy (herein named "Personal Data"). This is done so that the Users can freely and voluntarily decide if they wish to provide BRASKEM with their Personal Data, which is required at the moment of acquiring or canceling certain services offered by BRASKEM. It is BRASKEM´s right to modify the present policy, to adapt it to legal or jurisprudent alterations, or to those relative to commercial practices. Some services at BRASKEM can contain particular and specific conditions regarding Personal Data protection.
The Personal Data provided to BRASKEM will receive automated treatment and will be incorporated to the corresponding electronic record of personal data (herein named "Record"), for which BRASKEM will be entitled and responsible. BRASKEM shall provide the User with adequate technical resource for them to be able to agree in advance with this Personal Data Protection Policy or with any other relevant information before giving their consent to the recording and to the storing of his/her Personal Data. Except in fields where stated otherwise, the answers for questions on Personal Data are voluntary. The absence of information, when filling out the field of the personal information form, does not decrease in quality or quantity BRASKEM´s corresponding services, unless otherwise indicated.
The User assures that the Personal Data provided to BRASKEM are true, and that he/she will notify BRASKEM of any changes in their records.
The Record and the electronic usage of Personal Data by BRASKEM have the purpose of establishing an agreement or, if it is the case, of managing, administrating, rendering, increasing and/or improving Customer Services. The data personal data is also used to adjust BRASKEM´s services to the User´s preferences and needs, creating new services connected to these ones, updating services and sending, by traditional or electronic ways, of technical, operating and commercial information related to products and services offered in the website (or through it) and by third parties, which currently exists or that will be created in the future. The purpose of the Record and of the Personal Data electronic treatment also included the sending of research forms, which the User has no obligation to answer.
For the correct observance of the Brazilian legislation, BRASKEM compromises to promptly correct any changes relative to the User Personal Data. To that end, User must notify BRASKEM of any changes in his/her respective data. BRASKEM has adopted all legal levels required for the security in data protection and tries to install every additional means and measures to avoid loss, misuse, changes, unauthorized access or improper deleting of recorded Personal Data.
Despite this, Users must be aware that security measures related to Internet are neither entirely infallible nor unfailing. BRASKEM can make use of "cookies" when the User has access to the pages and websites in its Portal. The "cookies" that can be utilized in the websites and pages are only associated to the browser of a determined computer, providing no references which could allow the deduction of first and last names from the User. The "cookies" make it possible for BRASKEM to recognize the Users that have registered in previous visits to the pages, which allows them to avoid registering again when reentering thee website. It is possible for the User to set its browser to be warned, in the screen, about the reception of "cookies" and to prevent their installation in the hard drive. Information pertaining to this configuration is available in instructions and manuals of the browser. To make use of the Portal, it is not necessary for the User to allow the reception of "cookies" sent by BRASKEM. In the case that the users not accept cookies, the User will have to register him or herself at every new access to a service that requires previous registration. The "cookies" that are utilized in the website and web pages can be installed by BRASKEM.
These "cookies" are originated from the reliable servers operated by the Company or by third-party service suppliers that render services and install "cookies" in BRASKEM´s name. Whenever the option that prevents "cookies" installation is not active, the User will be able to search in the hard drive following instructions provided by the browsers.
We recommend the temporary checking of this policy, which is subject to eventual alterations
Terms and Conditions
Navigation and public searching of this website are subject to the Terms and Conditions below:
Guarantees, Responsibilities and Damages
1. BRASKEM does not guarantee that the contents, instruments and materials contained, utilized and offered in this website are exactly up-to-date or complete and does not accept responsibility for damages caused by eventual errors of content or shortcomings of equipment.
2. BRASKEM does not accept express or tacit responsibility for the improper use of the information, instruments or materials made available and/or of the equipment used for this website, for whatever purpose made by any user, who has entire responsibility for eventual harm done to their own rights or of third parties, whether or not caused by this improper use.
3. Under no circumstances, will BRASKEM, its directors or employees be held responsible for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses or expenses arising out of the connection with this website or use on its part or incapacity of use by anyone, or with regard to any shortcoming in performance, error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or breakdown of line or of the system, even if BRASKEM or its representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
4. The adequate provisioning of all the resources of the Internet, without exception, is the entire responsibility of the user of the website.
5. BRASKEM does not accept responsibility for the contents of other websites (a) whose addresses are available on the pages of this website or (b) the address of whose website is available to them. BRASKEM does not guarantee the compensation of any damage caused by the websites mentioned in this item.
7. Before making an investment decision, potential investors shall take into consideration, in light of their own financial situation and investment goals, all information available in this website, including the Risk Factors.
Confidential Nature of the User´s Information
Author´s Copyrights and Intellectual Property
Unless there is any regulation to the contrary, all the contents of the pages of this website, such as information, materials, tools, paging, graphs and drawings belong to BRASKEM or to third parties, who have legally ceded their rights of usage.
Comments on EBITDA
EBITDA is used by the Company's management as a measure of performance, but does not represent cash flow for the periods presented and should not be considered a substitute for net income or an indicator of liquidity. The Company believes that in addition to serving as a measure of operating performance, EBITDA allows for comparisons with other companies. However, note that EBITDA is not a measure established in accordance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and is presented herein in accordance with Instruction 527 issued on October 4, 2012 by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil (CVM).
Note: Having accessed this website and some of its pages, the user will have automatically accepted all the Terms and Conditions here laid down. Therefore, please cease the navigation and public searching of the pages of this website in the event of your not agreeing with all of the above Terms and Conditions.